The Lakshadweep Island is a union territory of India and is a tropical archipelago of 36 atolls and coral reefs. It is located on the western side of Kerala and the Lakshadweep tour packages are famous for people who want to explore new surroundings and have an everlasting love for the seas and marine life.
However, all the islands are not populated and very few are open for visitors, but there are still a lot to cherish from the tour packages in Lakshadweep. The best places to visit in Lakshadweep - Kavaratti, Minicoy, Bangaram Atoll, Kadmat Island, Agatti etc and with Trojan Holidays you can have an overwhelming experience of the Lakshadweep tour packages.
Below is the list of top 10 places to visit in Lakshadweep: -
1. Kavaratti Island: - It is the administrative capital of Lakshadweep and the most developed island here. It attracts a huge population of tourist with its different water sports, sandy white beaches, crystal blue water along with secluded lagoons.
2. Bangaram Atoll: - It is one of the favorite tourist destinations in Lakshadweep tourism. The clean and calm beaches provide a complete serenity to the soul and over that it has another strong point, it is the only island where consumption of liquor is permissible.
3. Minicoy Island: - This Island was called as the ancient capital of Lakshadweep. You can experience the influence of Maldives in the cuisine and culture in this place. The beaches are likely same as attractive as of other Islands, but it has a magnificent lighthouse which was constructed in 1885.
4. Kalpeni Island: - This is a perfect destination to spend some quality time with friends and family as the island provides a perfect ambience of both peace and fun. You can enjoy a calm sunbath in the beach or go for a swimming to rejuvenate yourself or if you want more fun and adventure, then there are the water sports like snorkeling and scuba diving.
5. Kadmat: - It is located on a coral reef and is also known as the cardamom island. The huge lagoon in the west of the island is a great attraction to include this in your Lakshadweep tour packages. Kadmat is known for its shallow shores and is rich with marine life.
6. Agatti Island: - This is the only island in Lakshadweep which comes with an airstrip. It is an attractive tourist spot with almost everything to offer that you wish from the Lakshadweep tourism. The weather is great with a picturesque beauty of the beach and the palm trees. The exotic coral reefs and the different water sports will keep you busy throughout the day. It also comes with added attraction like breathtaking flora and fauna, attractive lagoons with coral froths and unique fishes.
7. Marine Museum: - It is in Kavaratti only and is the best place to know about the vast marine life. The aquarium in this Museum has many special species of sea fishes and water animals. It is a complete knowledge bank about marine life and alongside it is very interesting to visit too.
8. Amindivi Island: - It is one of the most populated islands in Lakshadweep. It is located in the Northern region of Lakshadweep and is well known for its choir products. Foreign tourists are not allowed on this island, but if you are an India with the Lakshadweep Tour Packages from Trojan Holidays, you can enjoy the virgin beauty of this place.
9. Andretti Island: - This one is the largest island in Lakshadweep and closest to the Indian mainland. It has a great beauty and charm to offer to its tourists and a great place to relax and have some fun. If you are lucky enough, you can also get a sight of various aquatic animals like octopuses and others.
10. Pitti Island: - If you are a bird lover, this is the place as it has been converted into a bird sanctuary. Pitti Island is a part of the sunken atoll and is a small uninhabited island near Agatti Island.
There is not a huge list of tourist places in Lakshadweep tourism, but whatever it offers will always be close to your heart and mind as the Lakshadweep tour packages from Trojan Holidays will leave an everlasting effect on your heart.