Puducherry or Pondicherry is a Union Territory town near the southeastern part of Tamil Nadu. It was under the jurisdiction of France till 1954. So with the Puducherry tour packages, you can literally experience a complete French culture and heritage here.
We at Trojan Holidays provides you with the best packages of Puducherry tourism as we have the years of experience and expertise under our belt satisfied customers are the only desired goal of our perspective.
The best places to visit in Puducherry - Pondicherry, Rock Beach, Bharathi Park, Gandhi Statue, Botanical Garden, French War Memorial, Pondicherry Beach, Old Light House etc. With Trojan Holidays, you can get a tailor-made solution for your Puducherry tour.
Below are the top 10 places to visit in Puducherry: -
1. Auroville: - The name was given by Sri Aurobindo which meant “The City of Dawn”. It is located 8 kilometers from Pondicherry and was founded by Sri Aurobindo and Mira Alfasa in the year of 1968. Soil from around 124 different places was placed in the lotus shaped urn. The idea behind creating this township was to bring people from all over the world and live in harmony and peace in the same place.
2. Pondicherry Beach: - This can be stated as the main attraction of the Puducherry tour packages as the Pondicherry beach is like the paradise for beach lovers. The hotels and resorts here are way cheaper in compare to the other beaches in India and it also has the facility of tree houses which are located in on the backwaters.
3. Pondicherry Botanical Garden: - Get away from the bustling and busy city life and spend some quality and peaceful time in the Pondicherry Botanical Garden. This garden was built in 1826. It is the adobe of many exotic species of plants brought from all over the world.
4. Chunnambar Boathouse: - This is one of the best places to do a picnic in the backwaters with the family and friends. With the Puducherry tour packages, get the opportunity to stay in the luxurious boat house and enjoy a journey of a lifetime amidst of natural beauty.
5. Manakula Vinayagar Temple: - This Hindu temple is dedicated to Lord Ganesha and is one of the prominent pilgrimage destinations. This temple has survived many attacks and threats and symbolizes the strong Indian culture and heritage.
6. Pondicherry Museum: - The cultural influence of French civilization and other heritage and cultures can clearly be experienced by visiting the Pondicherry Museum. You will find rare artifacts of Roman empires who used live in Pondicherry, along with this you will also find the rare collections of bronze and stone sculptures which depicts a lot of information about the Chola and Pallava Dynasties in India.
7. Sri Aurobindo Ashram: - It is a must to include in your Puducherry tour as it is one of the prime locations of Puducherry tourism. It was once the home of spiritual guru Sri Aurobindo. It is a great place for personal and spiritual enlightenment.
8. Promenade Beach: - This beach is 1.5 Km long and a perfect place to spend some quality and peaceful time. The evening stroll in this beach with the mild sea breeze will take all the stress away from you. There are few statues also like of Mahatma Gandhi and Joan Marc and few other landmarks along with a lighthouse and others.
9. Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus: - It is one of the famous pilgrimage spots for the Christians. This church is 50 meters long, 48 meters wide and 18 meters high and has 24 columns. You can experience a fine work of gothic style architecture from this church.
10. Sri Varadaraja Perumal Temple: - This temple is considered to be dated back from 600 AD as is one of the oldest temples in India. You can see the Dravidian style of architecture in this temple. It is a great example of fine architectural excellence and a prime pilgrimage place of Hindus. Enjoy the complete offerings of Puducherry tourism with its natural beauty and culture. The Tour packages in Puducherry offer a great way to experience the French culture and heritage too.